Loan repayment is made possible by the State of Oklahoma through the Physician Manpower Training Commission in order to offer the following benefits:
- Assistance to Oklahoma licensed primary care physicians who agree to establish a practice in a community located in Oklahoma approved by the Commission.
- Access to medical care and services to Oklahoma citizens in rural and underserved areas with special emphasis to Medicaid and Medicare recipients.
- Be licensed to practice medicine in Oklahoma.
Be a primary care physician. Primary care incudes family medicine, geriatrics, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology or emergency medicine.
- Have legitimate, documented medical educational loans.
- Not have any service obligation that would conflict with this obligation.
- Not be currently practicing in a rural Oklahoma community.
- Not currently on a J-1 Visa.
Amount of Loan Repayment
$160,000.00 Maximum for four years. $25,000 first year, $35,000 second year, $45,000 third year and $55,000 for the final year.
Based on amount of educational loans to be repaid.
Lump sum yearly payments are made at the conclusion of each obligated practice year. Financial assistance may be extended to a maximum of four years.
Due to the rural aspect of the scholarship, communities near Oklahoma City and Tulsa may not qualify for residency location. Please see the list of non-qualifying communities.
Application and Contract
Current Participant Form
Janie S. Thompson
Deputy Executive Director
5500 North Western Avenue, Suite 201
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
T: (405) 843-5667
F: (405) 843-5792