The scholarship offers loan forgiveness for physician assistant students in accredited Physician Assistant Programs. Participating students receive $1,000.00 per month with a month for month practice obligation in rural communities of 20,000 or less population.
The program aims to assist Oklahoma's rural communities and provide financial assistance to physician assistant students enrolled in an accredited physician assistant program.
Applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited physician assistant program.
- In no other conflicting service obligation.
- A resident of the State of Oklahoma.
- Not currently on a J-1 Visa.
Amount of Loans
$1,000.00 per month
- Recipient agrees to begin practice in a PMTC approved rural community within 90 days after completion of physician assistant training.
- Recipient agrees to practice in the community for one month for each month the scholarship was received, with no credit being granted for anything less than 12 months.
If the physician assistant decides not to repay his/her obligated scholarship loan by practicing in a qualified community, he/she will be required to repay the principal amount, plus interest and liquidated damages of up to 100% of the principal. Interest accrues at the prime rate plus 1%.
Due to the rural aspect of the scholarship, communities near Oklahoma City and Tulsa may not qualify for residency location. Please see the list of non-qualifying communities.
Janie S. Thompson
Deputy Executive Director
5500 North Western Avenue, Suite 201
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
T: (405) 843-5667
F: (405) 843-5792