Loan repayment is made possible by the State of Oklahoma through the Physician Manpower Training Commission in order to offer the following benefits:
- Assistance to Oklahoma licensed primary care physician assistants who agree to establish a practice in a community located in Oklahoma approved by the Commission.
- Access to medical care and services to Oklahoma citizens in rural and underserved areas with special emphasis to Medicaid and Medicare recipients.
- Be licensed to practice medicine in Oklahoma.
Be a primary care physician. Primary care incudes family medicine, geriatrics, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology or emergency medicine.
- Have legitimate, documented medical educational loans.
- Not have any service obligation that would conflict with this obligation.
- Not be currently practicing in a rural Oklahoma community.
- Not currently on a J-1 Visa.
Amount of Loan Repayment
$60,000.00 Maximum for three years. $10,000 at the end of your first year, $20,000 at the end of your second year and $30,000 at the end of your third and final year. This is based on the amount of educational loans to be repaid.
Participating physicians must agree to practice medicine at the contracted medical facility. The obligation is year to year.
Due to the rural aspect of the scholarship, communities near Oklahoma City and Tulsa may not qualify for residency location. Please see the list of non-qualifying communities.
- Physician Assistant Loan Repayment Application
- Physician Assistant Loan Repayment Contract
Current Participant Forms
Janie S. Thompson, M.Ed.
Physician Programs Coordinator
5500 North Western Avenue, Suite 201
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
T: (405) 843-5667
F: (405) 843-5792