Overview of Program
Sponsored by the State of Oklahoma through PMTC the program provides assistance to Oklahoma nursing students pursuing LPN, ADN, BSN, or MSN degrees and who are interested in practicing nursing in Oklahoma communities, with emphasis placed on rural communities.
Approximately 200 nursing students receive scholarship loans each year. From its inception, over 6,500 nursing students have received scholarship awards.
Are you eligible to apply?
Applicant must be:
- U.S. Citizen
- Legal resident of Oklahoma
- Unconditionally admitted as a student in an accredited program of nursing study. Certification of acceptance or of being a student in good academic standing must be submitted from Director of Nursing Program ONLY.
- Not currently on a J-1 Visa.
Amount of Loan
|Plan ||Non-Matching ||Matching* (Min/Max) |
|LPN ||$1,750 per PN Program ||$1,000 - $3,500 per PN Program |
|ADN ||$2,000 per Academic Year ||$1,000 - $4,000 per Academic Year |
|BSN ||$2,500 per Academic Year ||$1,000 - $5,000 per Academic Year |
|MSN ||$2,500 per Academic Year ||$1,000 - $5,000 per Academic Year |
*The matching scholarship loan amount is most often set by the sponsoring institution. It must be between the minimum and maximum limits, based on actual costs of attending. Be aware of the amount from the sponsor.
Upon completion of school and licensing, the nurse is obligated to practice nursing, at the degree level for which financial assistance was received, one year for each academic year of financial assistance. The minimum obligation is one year.
- The Matching recipient is obligated to practice nursing at the sponsoring institution.
- The Non-Matching recipient can fulfill in the qualified health institution of choice. Facilities that do not qualify are physician’s offices, private duty practice, research, federal facilities, majority physician owned facilities; industrial, school, or summer camp nursing.
If the nurse decides not to fulfill the required work obligation, by practicing nursing in the sponsoring community or in the State of Oklahoma, the nurse will be required to repay the principal amount a one-time liquidated damages assessment of five percent (5%) of the total amount disbursed to recipient.
Immediately upon dropping out of nursing school, not completing nursing education, failure to pass nursing boards (after first two successive attempts), or not completing required work obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Nursing Scholarship Application
Nursing Scholarship Sample Contract
Apply early, the deadline is June 30th. Applications and attachments are not accepted by fax or email.
Tax Return Waiver Form
(Only submit with application if not a dependent student and not required to file federal taxes.)
Complete this application in its entirety, incomplete applications are not processed. Mail completed application to the address under contact information.
Letter signed by Nursing School Director, on school letterhead certifying either:
- Unconditional acceptance into the nursing program if entering in the fall or spring; OR
- Letter of good standing if already completed courses in the nursing program, with anticipated graduation date.
Letter must contain GPA (and ACT score if available). If not included in the letter, provide a current transcript. If there are no college hours or high school diploma, provide a copy of GED score (not certificate).
- Income Tax Form
Signed 2017 Federal Income Tax Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ. Dependent students must submit parent’s income tax form in addition to their own. If student is not required to file a Federal Income Tax Return, submit proper certification (form can be obtained from our website).
Signature required on last page. Matching applications must have sponsor section completed.
Nursing Program Coordinator
5500 North Western Avenue, Suite 201
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
T: (405) 843-5667
F: (405) 843-5792