The scholarship's objective is to assist Oklahoma's rural communities and to provide financial assistance to residents enrolled in an accredited family practice or a family medicine residency program located in Oklahoma.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Oklahoma Family Practice or Family Medicine Program.
- Has no other assistance which has a conflicting service obligation.
- Not currently on a J-1 Visa.
Amount of Loan
$1,000.00 per month
- Recipient agrees to select and match with a PMTC approved rural community on or before the end of the second year of residency training.
- Recipient agrees to spend one month during 3rd year of residency on elective rotation in the selected community.
- Recipient agrees to return to the community upon completion of residency training, one month for each month the loan was received, with no credit being granted for anything less than 12 months.
If the physician decides not to repay his/her obligated scholarship loan by practicing medicine in the chosen community, he/she will be required to repay the principal amount, plus interest and liquidated damages of up to 100% of the principal. Interest accrues at the Prime Rate plus 1%.
Due to the rural aspect of the scholarship, communities near Oklahoma City and Tulsa may not qualify for residency location. Please see the list of non-qualifying communities.
Janie S. Thompson, M.Ed.
Physician Programs Coordinator
5500 North Western Avenue, Suite 201
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
T: (405) 843-5667
F: (405) 843-5792